Accommodation Information for the 2018 OGRA Conference
Conference housing is Now Open! Click here to book a room.
As in the past, blocks of rooms have been reserved at a number of hotels in downtown Toronto.
Delegates will contact the hotels directly to book a room. Please note the room blocks are not available until conference housing officially opens.
We have negotiated preferred room rates for the duration of the conference; however, these rates apply to a limited number of rooms only and are available on a first-come, first served basis until February 2, 2018. Reservations received after that date will be accepted on a space available basis at the hotel’s published rate. It is very important to remember that the hotels may sell out before February 2, 2018, in which case no rooms will be available. Don’t be disappointed. Reserve your accommodation early. When making your reservations, indicate that you will be attending the OGRA Conference.
Beware of Poachers!
A new scam is being perpetrated on unsuspecting conference attendees. Hotel room poachers are calling would be delegates and exhibitors claiming to represent conference hotels and using high pressure sales tactics to sell rooms, some of which don’t exist at all or carry much higher cancellations fees. Don’t be fooled. Only book your conference hotel room(s) directly with the hotels by following the directions in the chart below.
NEW Fairmont Royal York Hotel Cancellation Policy has CHANGED
- Up to and including February 2nd, 2018 – cancellation fee (equal to one night’s accommodation plus applicable taxes) will be charged on each room or suite cancelled subsequent to the initial booking. Changes and substitutions are permitted.
- February 3rd, 2018 – all reservations will be automatically charged for the full amount of the stay. Rooms/suites will be considered fully pre-paid and non-refundable. Any reduction in the number of nights or cancellation will result in forfeiture of the whole amount. Substitutions are permitted.
- IMPORTANT – review and make any changes to your reservation BEFORE February 2nd to avoid additional charges.
Overflow hotels cancellation policy remains unchanged.
- Overflow hotels cancellation fee (equal to one night’s accommodation plus applicable taxes) will be charged on each room cancelled less than 72 hours before expected date of arrival.
NEW Security Enhancement at Fairmont Royal York Hotel
- All guestroom floors (floors 1 – 17) are only accessible with an active Fairmont guestroom key card.
- The key cards are not restricted by floor i.e. if your room is on the 2nd floor you can access any floor.
- Unregistered guests of the hotel will not be able to access the guestroom floors, unless they are brought up by a guest in the hotel.
- The following floors do NOT require key access: Avenues, Lobby, Main Mezzanine, Convention Floor, H-Floor, 18th Floor and 19th
A credit card is required to book a room or suite. Deposit cheques are not accepted.
Early Departure Fee
Guests will be asked to confirm their departure date upon check-in. Should the guest check out prior to the confirmed check-out date, an early departure fee will be charged.
Third Person Charges
Hotels have a 3rd person fee – each 3rd person sharing a room will be charged an additional fee per night. There will be no charge for children up to and including the age of 18 years who share with their parents. Please inquire at your time of booking.
Destination Marketing Program
The Destination Marketing Program has been re-instated for all hotels in the GTA at a rate of 3% (2.66% plus HST).
Taxes and Other Charges
All rates, including early departure fee and 3rd person charges, are subject to 13% HST and 3% (2.66% plus HST) DMP.
Smoke Free Hotels
All conference hotels are smoke free i.e. all guest rooms, suites, restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms and public space. Penalties will be applied.
- Fairmont Royal York – guests who do not adhere to the non-smoking policy will be subject to a $500 fine.
- InterContinental – guests who do not adhere to the non-smoking policy will be subject to a $500 fine.
- Sheraton Centre – a $200 cleaning fee (per incident) will be applied to the account of any guest who smoke in their guest room.
- Strathcona Hotel – guests who do not adhere to the non-smoking policy will be subject to a $250 fine.
Changes and Cancellations
Contact the hotels directly to make changes or cancel rooms/suites. Contact information detailed in chart.
- Fairmont Royal York – review and make any changes to your reservation before February 2nd to avoid additional charges
- Changes/cancellations cannot be made before October 24th
- Online reservations must be changed or cancelled online
- Phone reservations can be changed or cancelled by email only
- Suite reservations can be changed or cancelled by email only
- Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online reservations can be changed or cancelled online
- Phone reservations can be changed or cancelled by phone
- Sheraton Centre
- All reservations can be changed or cancelled online or by phone.